Summary:The GA range is Albany's general purpose gear pump, the origins of which can be traced back to 1901 when the company first started. It is capable of handling the widest variety of liquids, including extremely viscous liquids. These gear pumps offer a durable, robust design ensuring ease of use and maintenance. With a large choice of pump sizes, materials and sealing options to suit all applications, the GA range can be adapted to suit any customer or OEM application. Bespoke mountings and additional components and pipework allow simplified fitment to the final application. Use CEFG pumps for 3.1 certification.
Suited to:As one of the most versatile external gear pumps in our range, these pumps feature a robust design and are often virtually maintenance free. If you're looking for a pump that suits an array of uses, the GA range will suit you.
- Plain internal bearings to cater for self lubricating liquids with external lubrication being available when required
- Available with a choice of rotors between straight spur gears or double helical gears for almost pulse free operation
- A simple design with two moving parts
- Operate with fluids at a maximum temperature of 200°C (320°C with a steel casing)
- Discharge pressures up to 25 barg (350 psig)
- Capacity range from 5 litres a minute to 2273
- Can be supplied with or without integral relief valve
- Highly customisable range per your requirements
Our General Purpose Pumps are suited to a variety of implementations, with the most typical liquids pumped being:
- Refined tar
- Silicate of Soda
- Printing ink
- Cocoa Butter
- Cocoa Liquor
- Cocoa Mass
With what used to be our AP and HD ranges, the GA range of gear pumps is available with a variety of specification options, a few of which are:
- Pump casing: usually Cast Iron to BSI 452, gunmetal to BSI 400, stainless steel ANSI 316 or carbon steel to ASTM A216 WCB
- Rotors: usually carbon steel, nitrided steel, phosphor bronze, stainless steel, ni-resist or cast iron
- Spur gear rotors: these are standard up to AP8 as well as double helical gear rotors AP10 to . HD10Sizes AP6 to AP9 double helical rotors are also an option.
- Shafts: usually hardened and ground steel, these can also be supplied in stainless steel, to AISI 316
- Internal bearings: for most fluids, a PTFE based bearing is used and bushes can also be supplied in cast iron, phosphor bronze or carbon
- Sealing: packed with PTFE based packing, mechanical seals or lip seals.
A wide range of sealing options are available.
- Mounting: foot mounted or flange mounted pumps supplied as standard