Summary:The GJ series is Albany’s stainless steel gear pump for bottle filling, sampling and transfer in the food and chemical industries. It is a tried and tested reliable design and we offer many options to configure the pump for our users. It will operate from 5 to 90 Litres per minute and up to 7 bar. The pump is easily taken apart and cleaned simply by undoing two hand nuts (tamper proof fixings could be supplied on request). This gear pump is typically used in machines for bottle filling of shampoo, other toiletries, hand sanitiser or cosmetics. Such machines are often high speed machines for the repeated filling of bottles of different sizes, and banks of pumps can be used for the filling and blending of different substances. The J series pump has a good service life and track record. It can also run dry for a limited period.
Suited to:This robust yet compact pump offers some very powerful options. Being such a compact design, this pump style is ideal for dispensing products into bottles and tubs.
- Quick strip and compact design
- Bi-rotational and high efficiency
- Handles a wide range of products for bottle filling, dosing, sampling and transfer
- Self priming pump
- Has a special gear profile
- Very high quality surface finish of all components
Our fast maintenance and hygienic pumps are fitted to a high standard, with the following components:
- Shaft sealing: a mechanical seal with viton sealing, stainless and carbon faces. Tungsten carbide faces are an additional option
- Shafts: ANSI 440 as standard, hardened
- O rings: Viton, EPDM, Nitrile, encapsulated PTFE
- Temperature: suitable for up to 50 degrees Celsius, with high temperature versions suitable for 100 degrees Celsius.
- Bearings: PTFE standard. PEEK optional for high temperatures.
- Connections: the GJ range includes 1/2″, 3/4″ and 1 1/2″ BSP Female. BSP Male, Tri-Clamp, RJT are also available and commonly chosen.
- Materials: body, end covers and shafts are available in ANSI 316
- Gears: standard come as non galling stainless
If you want to learn more about the various technical options for the GJ range, download our handy technical brochure here
Related Case Study
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit